Thoughts - Redis Day Bangalore 2020
Redis Day Bangalore 2020 was a whirlwind experience. This is a brief summary of the two days. The official home for Redis Day Bangalore - https://connect.redislabs.com/redisdaybangalore
DAY 1 (Jan 21st)
I thought Redis was a tool for caching and only an alternative for memcache. I couldn’t be more off-target. I was blown away by the multitude of tools/features under Redis.
This day was all about introduction and training on different modules offered by Redis.
- Redis Streaming Architectures
- Introduction to Redis streaming.
- Hands-on session on Creating streams.
- Creating consumer groups
- Redis Data Modeling & Patterns
- Sorted Sets
- Bit field manipulation - Using Bits to record events in per min/per day
- Redis Clustering
- Hashing to divide the keys among the Redis nodes
- Using Redis Open source cluster
- Comparison to Redis Enterprise
- RedisTimeSeries OR RediSearch
- Introduction to RedisTimeSeries
- Creating RedisTimeSeries
- Probabilistic Data Structures
- Redis P11c Data Structures
- Bloom Filters
All the session slides are available here
DAY 2 (Jan 22nd)
The second day was more about use-cases of Redis in production by different companies. There was quite a few presentations through out the day. Some of companies that I remember were:
- VUclip - Using Redis as persistence store
- Reliance Jio - Using Redis as a cache
- Freshworks - Using Redis for Rate Limiting
- Goibibo - Using Redis as persistence store
- Myntra - Using Redis for Distributed and fail safe locking
- DBS Bank - Using Redis with Pivotal Cloud Foundry
- Bounce - Using Redis for Geo location data
The slides for above should be available in a few days.
There was hackathon results as well. The top three teams selected from about 12 teams where (ordered by there winning positions)
- Indexing Videos by text (Converting speech to text) as well as image search in a video
- Slackbot for monitoring your Redis Cluster
- Fraud Detection using Redis Bloomfilters